Wednesday 9 December 2015

Smokey grungy glittery spotlight eye look

Yesterday I created this look in a step by step guide over on my Snapchat. If you are on Snapchat and don't follow me... go follow @lipstickglitz   :)  I do step by step makeuo guides almost daily and talk about beauty products and complete waffle sometimes too!!!

The look I created was using the Urban Decay Smokey palette.. I had picked it up ages ago but never got around to using it
There was quite a lot of fall out from the shadows and to be honest I wasn't as keen on this palette compared to the rest.. that could be why I had not got around to using it.
                           There are 12 shades in the palette some matte and some shimmer.



 
For the transition shade I used "Combust" and blended it below the brow bone using a clean fluffy brush.
I then went in with the shade "whiskey" and using the same fluffy brush I blended that just above the crease and below the transition colour.
Using a flat brush I packed the shade "smoulder" onto the lid and built it up to an intense colour and blended that shade with the same fluffy brush into the crease also.
To darken up the outer and inner corners of the eye I used "black magic" with a small pencil brush and blending it out to remove any harsh lines with a clean fluffy brush.
To intensify the look I applied "armor" to the centre of the lid with a flat brush and using a silver/gold glitter I patted that over the "armor" shade on the lid.
Using a black eyeliner I applied that to the upper and lower waterline and plenty of mascara to add dept to the look.
 
To really intensify this look you add lashes either strip or individual this would make a fab Christmas look. A nice deep red or burgundy shade would also be lovely. I applied a nude shade just to quickly finish off the look.
 
Here's the finished eye look
 

 
I hope you like the look and if you would like to see more don't forget to check out my Snapchat if you are on it :)
 
 
Rebecca xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment