Thursday 1 September 2016

Surya Brasil Henna Cream

So I got the Surya Brasil Henna Cream Semi - Permanent hair colour in the shade Reddish Dark Blonde €13.80 

 

I'd never tried a henna hair colour before but was very intrigued to try one. This Surya Brasil range doesn't contain Ammonia, Gluten, Hydrogen Peroxide, Parabens, Sodium  Chloride, Mineral Oil. 
Which means it's great on your hair and conditions at the same time because it contains 
Vitamin A, B, C, E, Aloe Vera, Arnica, Brasil Nut, Hazelnut, Malva. 

It's a safer more natural way to colour your hair, cover greys and change your hair colour. 

It comes in 15 shades - black, dark brown, golden brown, light brown, burgundy, mahogany, red, reddish dark blonde, copper, ash blonde, golden blonde, Swedish blonde, light blonde, silver fox. 
Priced at €13.80 

Now my own hair is quite dry and damaged from bleaching it to make it lighter. It's a copper shade so I chose the reddish dark blonde to give my own hair more of a vibrant colour. I wanted a deep conditioning colour so this was definitely the one. 

In the box you get the henna cream, gloves, plastic cap, clean up shampoo, reviving conditioner. 

So the henna cream cones in a bottle like this 
 

This bottle is great because you can re use the product unlike most you have to bin what's left.

So what you do is : 

Wash your hair first with the Clean - up shampoo 
 

Then you towel dry your hair leaving it damp (I brushed my hair through so as their was no knots) 

Then I applied the henna to my hair from the roots to the mid sections. 
I sectioned my hair making sure it was all covered. You can use a brush for applicator or your fingers... I found using my hands fairly easy. Then I basically massaged it into my hair I didn't brush it because this would pull the cream away from the hair. 

For my hair colour the chart said to leave for 60 mins so I did. The plastic cap is ment to go on over the colour and left until ready to rinse. 

I rinsed it off without using shampoo basically letting the water run clear. 
Then using the conditioner 
 
And left it in for about 5 minutes. 


Once it was washed my hair smelled lovely but not too over powering. 
It brushed it very easily some times it can be hard to brush after colouring. 

When dried it was lovely and had a lovely shine to it making it look and feel super healthy. 
The colour itself was more of a copped red which fab but I'm thinking that was because of my hair being copped to start with. It was so vibrant. 

It did was out and fade a little quicker than other hair colours but that's to be expected giving their is no chemicals or peroxide in it. 
The only other thing is it contains nuts products so if you have an allergy make sure you can use it first before applying to your hair. 

Over all I really liked it and I will definitely be picking up another box. It covered my roots and greys. I might try the Copper colour next to see what that's like over my copper colour. 

The Health Store stock it both online and in selected stores. Liffey Valley stocks the Surya Brasil range. 


Let me know if you have tried it or plan on trying it :)


Rebecca xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment